About Me

My photo
a lawyer, a writer, a philosopher, a believer in life, in love, in all things good and beautiful.

Saturday, 3 October 2015

No one is in Charge of your Happiness Except you

Some people depend so much on the world to make them happy. They depend on their parents to call them all the time for them to feel loved. They depend on their friends to always chat with them for them to feel cared for. They depend on their partner to always put a smile on their face for them to feel appreciated. And when they aint getting any of this, they end up so sad and depressed. I am sorry but I find that pathetic. Why give other people so much power over your life? Its okay to expect certain things from people but when you depend so much on them and centre the whole of your happiness around these expectations, then you are setting yourself up for a life of misery and depression.  I see them online putting up so much drama because you do not chat with them always or show "care" like they want you to. I wonder, if they react that way to friends some of whom they have not even seen, how will they react to their parents and lover? Truth is you have to learn to make yourself feel loved, cared for, appreciated and happy because noone can totally and completely do that for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment